Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh How the Oscars Failed Me

Colin Firth and Director Tom Hooper
So my predictions were wrong.

Against the Academy's better judgement, they didn't listen to me when I said that The Social Network should win Best Picture. The King's Speech did.

Yea the King's Speech is a great movie, but The Social Network is a movie that is relevant to the time we live in.

Facebook is the biggest thing since the Bible and that's saying a lot.

After watching The Social Network, it became my favorite movie. Everything about that movie was done right.

Well except the artificial breath that was used when the characters were out in the cold. That kind of bothered me.

Trent Reznor
But the movie was as close as you can get to perfection in my opinion.

The Social Network did come away with some awards though. Winning Best Screenplay and Best Original Score.

The score was composed by Trent Reznor, from Nine Inch Nails, and Atticus Ross. Nine Inch Nails is one of my favorite bands so I was glad to hear that the two won that award.


The rest of the night and who won the awards were very predictable and with no surprises.

I may have been wrong but I stand by my statement that The Social Network is a better movie than The King's Speech.

The King's Speech was tailor made for the Oscars, The Social Network was ground breaking, edgy, and was relevant to the time we live in.

 I mean when The Dark Knight was up for best picture it LOST!

That is like one of the best movies ever!

Hopefully when The Dark Knight Rises comes out, the sequal to The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan will have his shot at winning his Oscar that is long over due.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More