Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Favorite Games

Today I thought I would do things a little different.

Walking to class today I thought to myself, "What are my favorite video games?" So this post will be dedicated to my top 5 favorite games, and in case you're wondering Farmville didn't make the list.

Feel free to comment and tell me what your favorite games are.


Link, is it really that shocking you're first

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The game that started it all for me. I remember when I got my N64 and first playing this game like it was yesterday. This game is a classic and is a great example of how gaming has evolved from simple arcade games like Galaga to story driven  games like this one. With the recent announcement of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time coming to the Nintendo 3DS it just brings back a lot of memories of playing the game in my basement and my mom yelling at me to go play outside instead of video games. If you have never played this game, which you should have, the 3DS is the perfect opportunity to experience one of the best games of all time.

2. Halo: Combat Evolved
Probably one of the most popular games of all time, Halo: Combat Evolved was the game that set the standard for the future of first-person shooters. Although the graphics are not as good as its predecessors like Halo: Reach, the gameplay and story is still there. It was a game that mainstreamed gaming. Although it didn't have online multiplayer, counsel wise, the offline multiplayer would be the foundation for the future of  online multiplayer gaming. I remember summer nights just playing this game agaisnt friends, needless to say it was an intense competiton to see who was the better Halo player. Much of what we see in the gaming industry today is because of Bungie, developers of Halo, and Microsoft. So thank you Bungie.

3. Fallout 3
 
Who wouldn't want to play in a post-apocoliptic wasteland that used to be Washington D.C. I know I loved playing in that scenario that Fallout 3 created. Fallout 3 had some of the coolest weapons like the mini-nuke launcher, which created a little mushroom cloud, and one of the best story lines that I had ever played, it is a game you can't miss out on. With countless hours of gameplay in the standard edition of the game, and a lot Downloadable Content that added to the story. It was truely a game that keep on giving. Besthedia Studios did a phonemnal job at rebooting the Fallout franchise. 

4. Resident Evil 4
 Ironicaly, Resident Evil 4 is my number fouth favorite game. This game was a complete overhall of the franchise. With game play rigoriously changed, it revived a the Resident Evil franchise, which may have begun to be overlooked if it wasn't for this game. A true Example of what a Survial horror game should be, Resident Evil for has one of the most fun and scary stories I have ever played. Set in Europe, you, Leon S. Kennedy, have to go save the president's daughter. And you have to do it by yourself, against hundreded s of zombies. It's deffinitely a game worth playing if you have never played it.

5. Dead Space
Another Survial Horror game, Dead Space literally scared me to death on my first playthrough of the game. I got through the first chapter of the game and i almost quite, but I'm glad I didn't becuase I got to experince one of the scariest and intense games that I'd ever played. With reffrences to many sci-fi movies such as Aliens, Dead Space has enough content to scare your pants off. With the recent release of the Dead Space 2, it's tough to say which I like better, but in the end I would have to say Dead Space 1. If you've never played Dead Space 1 and are interested in Dead Space 2, play Dead Space 1 first. You'll thak yourself when playing Dead Space 2. Also, I have a review on my blog on Dead Space 2, so you should deffintley check that out.

There you have it. My top 5 favorite games. I'm going to expanded on this list to make it a top 10 and I will probably have that up within the next day.

Again, feel free to comment and tell me what your favorite games are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More