Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Favorite Games Continued!

Now that we have my top 5 favorite games I'm ready to expanded my list to a top 10.

6. Kingdom Hearts

Mixing Disney characters with Final Fantasy doesn't seem like a good mix, but some how Square Enix, Square Soft at the time, pulled it off. When I first heard about the game I thought it sounded stupid. But after seeing it and then playing it I was instantly hooked. Kingdom Hearts story and gameplay keeps you coming back for more. Incoporating Disney characters is a twist that works. Having Jack Skelington fighting right next to you is an odd, but fun and strange way to play the game. Throughout the game you get Disney and Final Fantasy refferences that know ing anything about both franchise will make you excited to see where the game takes you next. With Kingdom Hearts 2 being out for sometime now and the only updates to the series being through PSP and DS platforms, it makes you wonder where is Kingdom Hearts 3? Hopefully we'll hear something about it in the future, but if you have never looked into this franchise I highly recomend playing it.

7. Final Fantasy X
It may not be Final Fantasy VII, which is arguabley the best Final Fantasy game made, but it was the Final Fantasy game that I started with and made me fall in love with the franchise. I remeber playing this game and I was just blown away with the graphics that this game and its cut-scenes provided. The story is what drove this game on my top 10 list for me. Between the love story, which I'm not always for because most of the time love stories are just too much, and the twist and turns of the plot I spent many hours on this game. Final Fantasy games kind of always have the same plot line. But I really took a liking to Final Fantasy X. With Final Fantasy XIII out, and if you have never played a Final Fantasy game, I would start there seeing as Final Fantasy X is a PlayStation 2 game. But I highly recommend Final Fantsy X.

8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare
We have all probably played this game, and if you haven't you should have, and we know why it is on the list. Besides Halo, Call of Duty 4 is one of the most influential shooters of all time. Its online experince is what makes the game. With the perstige mode, class system, perks, and weapon customization it was a game that always had you coming back for more. I spent days on this game, like literally days of time, playing its online mode with friends and trying to make a GameBattles team because we thought we were so good and could beat anyone. That was definitely not the case, but we loved this game because it was addicting and so good. If you have never played a Call of Duty game pick up Call of Duty: Black Ops and see what all of the hype is about. You'll thank yourself in the end for buying it.

9. Half-Life 2
A game that may be overlooked by people who don't play PC games, Half-Life 2 is a game that keeps on giving. With the Modifications that players of the game can make themselves, there was always new content for the game. With Half-Life 2 episodes 1 and 2, the story has continued to unfold and is not done yet. Fans of the series have been wondering, when will Half-Life 2 episode 3 come out! Valve, developers of the game, has not mentioned a single thing relating to the develpoment of the game in a while. It leaves me wondering, will I ever get to hit people with a crowbar as Gordan Freeman ever again? With the Orange Box released on the Xbox 360, if you have never played Half-Life 2, pick up the Orange Box. It is cheap now, Includes 5 games, Half-Life 2 and episodes 1 and 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. The game has one of the best stories around and there are not enough good things I can say about the game. Play it if you haven't.

10. Gears of War
The game that set the standard for HD console generation, Gears of War is a game like no other. With the ability to curb stomp your enemies, have a chainsaw on your gun, and snipe some ones head of literally, Gears was a game that inovated the third-person shooter and brought it to a whole new level. Although Gears has always had problems with its online servers and connecting to games, when you played online the experince was like no other. The story in the first game was Epic and had big cinematic moments that would leave you stunned. Gameplay was excelent and strived to be different and unlike any game you had played before. It is going to be a bitter-sweet feeling on Sep. 20 when Gears of War 3 comes out and the series ins concluded. But I feel like Gears 3 will go out with a bang and will be the biggest and baddess Gears game we have ever seen.

There you have it. That is my Top 10 favorite video games of all time, or until later this year when tons of new and amazing games will be coming out.

It was a hard list to choose seeing as games like Mass Effect are not on there and I wish they could have been.

The games I choose are games that have made me the Gamer I am today, and have turned me on to some other really great games.

I recommend playing any of the games that I have on my list, because they're worth your time and will give you a great experince.

As Gamers, we love our games and have our favorites. So, if your favorite didn't make the list or you just want to put what your favorite games are, comment below and tell me what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More